Monday, April 25, 2011

Easy Enchiladas

I'm going to be honest. I love Mexican food. And by Mexican food I mean our completely Americanized version of Mexican food. I'm sure I'd love the authentic stuff, but I've just never had it. Or maybe our Americanized version isn't really that different. Either way all of my ramblings about this come to this: I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD. I think about it constantly. Specifically, queso dip. But I also love tacos, chimichangas and enchiladas. Among other things.

But that's definitely not the point, is it?


The point is that I have a REALLY easy recipe for enchiladas. It's a super easy dinner that you can put together, and I promise you will love it.

I made this the other night when I was craving Mexican. Of course, I couldn't find any corn tortillas (gluten-free!!) that weren't tiny, so I had to put two together using refried beans as glue (innovative?) because you have to be able to use a ton of filling, right? Right.

And I had to use two different kinds of salsa because I couldn't decide which one to use. Obviously. What can I say? I'm a salsa lover.


I also had to use too much sour cream. Because I honestly don't believe there's such thing as too much.


Easy Enchiladas
Makes 4 servings

4 tortillas
1 lb of ground beef
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 white onion, diced
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
salsa
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 can refried beans
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese

Cook the beef and drain. Add the peppers and onion and cook until the onion is translucent. Add the black beans and turn down the heat. Cook until beans are thoroughly heated.

Spread the refried beans on the tortillas. Add the beef/veggie mixture. Roll tightly and place in a greased, glass baking pan. Repeat with all 4 tortillas. Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas; then, pour salsa over the tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over entire pan. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until bubbly.


Don't worry I ate the entire pan to myself. What? It's not my fault that I live alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment