Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oh, hi :)

Hellooo blogging world!

As you can read from my tiny little bio, I'm Lauren. And I love food. I love everything about food; looking at it, smelling it, eating it and cooking it. I love sharing food with friends and family. I love that it brings people together. And I love how many different things you can do with it. I'm a senior at IU doing the journalism thing and after I graduate in May, I'm going to start saving my money to attend culinary school. I couldn't be more excited.

Food... I think about it often. Okay, fine, I think about it all the time. Right now, I'm making homemade granola bars at 1 am because I could not stop thinking about them. I watch the Food Network every single day, and sometimes I get so excited about what I see that I drool. TMI? That's okay, that's what blogs are for!

I also come from a family full of people who have celiacs. For those of you who don't know, celiacs disease is essentially an intolerance to glutens, which are found in wheat and barley products. There's actually a good chance that I have the genetic markers for it as well, so I try really hard to find ways to convert the foods that we all love into gluten-free delights. So you will probably see that occurring often on my blog.

As I said before, I love cooking. But more importantly, I love sharing what I'm cooking, baking and eating with others, and I would love to share all of this with you!

I hope you enjoy reading what I have to say and trying what I recipes I'll be posting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment